Article: Moving On and Looking Back


Moving On and Looking Back

Image result for st aloysius college mangalore

As I begin to wrap up the fourth and the last semester, I can’t help but to take a moment and look back on the last two years and all the exciting accomplishments I enjoyed at St Aloysius College.

I was very much excited to know more about the institution, I’m was studying in. I opened the pages of history of St Aloysius College, On Eagle’s Wings written by Fr Prashanth Madtha SJ, I realized the humble yet indomitable spirit of the pioneers. All of them collectively have contributed to the establishment of this great institution. Ever since the beginning, there have been dauntless Jesuits who have worked tirelessly for its growth. There have been moments of great challenges, yet the Spirit of God has always helped them to keep the light house lit.

In his address to the students of St Aloysius College, on the occasion of 137 Foundation Day, Fr Dion Vaz, Rector said, “Today St Aloysius College stands as a light house to the city of Mangalore”. Undoubtedly, the college has become an agent of excellence. Today it is a hub of values and made great impact on the lives of individuals who pass through the portals of this institution.

We have been witnessing the key developments in this institution. Moreover the students irrespective of their religion hear the name of Jesus through various ways. They are moulded and shaped according to the demanded values of the country. Therefore students always say, “Once an Aloysian is always an Aloysian”.
Here is my faith, my vision my burning bush,
It will burn and never be consumed
It will be here long after I have gone
Long after the last farmer sleeps. And since
I speak for it,its silence speaks for me.
-         Robert Francis


No comments:

Post a Comment